These days, cloud-based services help entrepreneurs penetrate new markets, establish new customer relationships, look for better business partners, and reduce costs. Nearly everyone today uses cloud computing. One of the great systems that can be done on the cloud is identity and access management (IAM). IAM allows individuals to access the right resources at the right time and for the right reasons.
Traditionally, organisation use on-premise IAM software in managing identity and access policies; however, as organisations add more cloud services to their environments, the identity management process becomes more complex. Thus, embracing cloud-based identity-as-a-Service (DaaS) and cloud IAM solutions becomes a logical decision.
Features of Cloud-Based IAM
Typically, cloud identity management includes the following features:
- Improved security. Cloud-based IAM offers increased security to critical applications and business data.
- Single access control interface. Cloud IAM solutions offer a clean and consistent access control interface for every platform service. Such an interface can be utilised for all cloud services.
- Resource-level access control. Organisations can define roles and grant permissions to users to access company resources at various granularity levels.
Benefits of Cloud Identity Management
Identity management helps in preventing security breaches and plays an important role in helping organisations meet IT security compliance requirements.
Keeping customer and company financial data safe from unauthorised access can offer the following benefits:
- Enhanced user productivity. Improvement in productivity takes place when you simplify the sign-on interface and make it possible for users to quickly change access rights. You may improve productivity further if you offer user self-service.
- Improved services for customers and business partners. Both of your customers and business partners can benefit from a more streamlined, secure process when they access applications and data.
- Minimised help desk costs. Typically, IT help desks experience fewer calls from users who forget their passwords when you implement an effective identity management process.
- Reduced IT costs. By managing identities on the cloud, automatic provisioning is enabled. This offers or revokes the access rights of users to systems and applications. Provisioning takes place whether you automate it or not.
Modern IAM solutions providers enable IT administrators to implement system security standards such as two-factor authentication, operating system updates, full-disk encryption, lock screen settings, and more remotely from wherever there is an internet connection. As a result, IT organisations, users, and administrators can all enjoy the benefits of identity management designed for the modern era of IT.
Fingerprint Dubai offers cutting-edge access control system Dubai. Their expertise lies in providing advanced access control technologies to enhance security and streamline access management. Explore their website for top-notch access control systems tailored to your business needs.